What is a Spurs Line Cutter?
A Spurs Line Cutter is a device fitted to the base of a propeller to protect your boat from weed, fish netting and winding lines.
How Do Cutters Work?
The principle that enables Spurs cutters to be so effective is the rotating motion created as the propeller turns, winding lines, nets or weeds directly into SPURS blades, instantly cutting before allowing entanglement or damage.
Why Should You Install At Your Next Haul Out?
- Eliminates dives to cut prop-fouling lines in freezing seas
- No more costly repairs or wasted time
- Prevents RNLI or expensive commercial towing or rescues
- No more shafts or struts torn loose that could sink your vessel
- Avoid expensive haul-outs, dry docking and diver charges
- Prevent burnt bearings and engine overload repairs
Available for inboard vessels only. Perfect for private vessels.
Similar to the Propeller Mounted Systems, lines are wound down to the propeller hub and cut before the next revolution. However, the Shaft Mounted System is clamped on the shaft, riding on its inertial force with a blade hydroplaning on a Kevlar/Teflon bearing and is held stationary by a wedge holding block which is installed on the strut held by three screws.
Please watch our video to see our Shaft Mounted Cutters in action.